Flocculant Dosing Systems and Flocculant Water Treatment
Chemical metering pumps are used in water treatment, oil and gas, mining, chemical processing, and a wide range of industries for flocculant dosing and flocculant treatment of suspended solids, oil removal, sludge dewatering, lime softening, etc.
What are Flocculants?
Polymer flocculants also known as settling agents help remove small particles suspended in liquid by aggregating contaminants into larger groups or ‘flocs’ which can then be more quickly and effectively removed through filtration and other methods of treatment.
What is Flocculation?
Flocculation is a process by which flocculant polymers promote bonding or bridging between suspended particles, creating larger flocs of particles which are easier to separate and accelerate the segmentation process causing flocs to float to the surface or settle at the bottom.
Flocculants vs. Coagulants: What’s the Difference?
The key difference between flocculation and coagulation is that flocculation is a physical process and coagulation is primarily a chemical process.
Flocculant Polymer Charge
Flocculants can be cationic polymers (positively charged) commonly used in applications with organic solids, anionic polymers (negatively charged) commonly used in applications with inorganic solids, or non-ionic polymers (uncharged).
What is the Purpose of Flocculant Dosing?
Flocculant polymer dosing has a wide range of applications for water treatment, wastewater treatment, oil & gas, mining, paper & pulp and other industrial applications.
- Clarifiers for Water Treatment
- Thickener Separation Processes
- Emulsion Breaking – Including Fat, Oil and Grease
- Filtration Aid
- Retention and Drainage Aids
- Tailings Management
Flocculant Metering Pumps
AquFlow is a leading manufacturer of flocculant dosing pumps. We understand how critical accurate and reliable pumps are to the overall success of your operation to maintain water quality standards, meet wastewater discharge regulations, and have a cost-effective water reuse program to meet your operational and environmental targets.
- Low Flow Pumps – As low as 0.01 GPH (less than 40 mL/hr)
- High Flow Pumps – Up to 3,530 (duplex)
- 0 to 100% stroke adjustment while operating
- High Viscosity Metering Pumps – Tubular diaphragm pumps for high viscosity polymers and slurry. To provide clog-free operation. (optional)
- Automatic Controls – For optimal flocculation. (optional)
- Packaged Pump Skid Systems